Studienkolleg / Feststellungsprüfung
Whether you are admitted to a German Studienkolleg or not depends on your previous education. In order to attend a Studienkolleg, you must have a higher education entrance qualification from your home country or any other country that is not part of the EU treaty system. In addition, for some countries further years of study at a university are required.
After the application procedure you will be informed about how your school leaving certificate is evaluated in Germany. Depending on this evaluation, you will either be able to directly start studying at a university, or you will need to first take a 1-year specialised course at a Studienkolleg for taking the university assessment test (Feststellungsprüfung).
Since there are more applicants than places available at the Studienkolleg, the available places are awarded via ranking in an entrance exam which tests you in German language. If you are ranked high enough you will be admitted to a one-year specialised course at the Studienkolleg. This course will prepare you well for the demands of a course of studies in Germany. The Studienkolleg Frankfurt offers the following specialised courses as preparation for studying:
- M-course: for medical, biological and pharmaceutical degrees
- T-course: for mathematical, science or technical degrees
- W-course: for business, economics and social science degrees
- G-course: for degrees in the humanities.
The university assessment test (Feststellungsprüfung) can be taken two times a year. Each specific course has 4 to 5 subjects:
- G-Kurs: German/ History/ German Literature / Soziology or Geography
- M-Kurs: German/ Mathematics / Biology / Chemistry / Physics
- T-Kurs: German/ Mathematics / Informatics/ Chemistry / Physics
- W-Kurs: German/ Mathematics / Economics / Soziology or Geography
Examples for each subjct can be found at Download-Bereich.
Further information in English can be found here.