- Weiterführende Studien
- Angebote der Goethe Business School
- Weitere Studienmöglichkeiten für Bewerber/innen für höhere Fachsemester
- Internationale Sommerkurse
- Englischsprachige Programme
- Universität des 3. Lebensalters
Social Sciences in Sports (Master of Arts)
|Course content and focus areas||
Contents and areas of focus:
Vocational field orientation:
The programme of study leads to the internationally recognised degree “Master of Arts“. The final examination certificate contains a “Diploma Supplement” which specifies the contents learned and the qualifications gained.
The Master of Arts in the Social Sciences of Sports provides you with both a broad and a deep understanding of sport as an important cultural phenomenon. You will obtain excellent knowledge of the methods of empirical social research and the theories of sports sociology and sports education. You will be extremely competent to reflect upon sports practice in a critical-constructive manner. You will also be very well qualified to take on a mediating and advisory capacity in organisations – also on topics other than sport.
Master of Arts in Social Sciences in Sports
The standard length of study for the Master of Arts is 4 semesters.
|Languages of instruction||
|Start of the programme||
The programme starts at the beginning of the winter semester only.
|Student advisory service||
Dr. Sören Baumgärtner
Institut für Sportwissenschaften
To take the Master’s degree programme students can only be admitted if
1. they have passed the Bachelor examination in a sports studies or a related primary movement-related and/or social sciences subject of study, or
2. they have at least an equivalent degree from a German university or a German polytechnic recognised by the examination committee in the same or a related subject with a standard period of study of at least six semesters, or
3. they have at least an equivalent degree from a foreign university recognised by the examination committee in the same or a related subject with a standard period of study of at least six semesters or three years of study, and
4. A Master’s examination in the same subject at another university was not finally failed or the right to examination lost. The same applies to Master’s examinations in related subjects in as far as an appropriate correspondence of the subjects has been established by the examination committee. Declarations according to § 18 Paragraph 1 a) should be submitted regarding this examination. § 18 Paragraph 3 applies correspondingly.
5. the applicant can verify basic knowledge of methods used for empirical social research, adequate command of the English language as well as a suitability for practical sports topics.
Full information can be found in the study regulations under §7.
Applicants with an international university entrance qualification and Bachelor's degree must prove sufficient German language skills according to the regulations of the Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH), the German language test for university entrance.
Provisional admission is possible on the basis of a current transcript of records; at least 150 credit points in the B.A.; certificates namned in passage 2 to 5 must be submitted; the Bachelor’s thesis must be finished or almost finished, and a report or recommendation by the professor tutoring the B.A. thesis must be submitted.
|Selection procedure||Admission is about a colloquium/selection interviews. The colloquium takes place 01.08.2017 and 08.08.2017. Please save these dates.|
|Mode of admission||Admission to programme is not restricted.|
|Documents to be submitted||
|Deadline for applications||
01.04. - 01.07.
|Address for applications||Online application portal for the Master’s programmes|