Algebra und Geometrie
- Workshop Recent advances on the geometry of valuations
- Informationen zum Schwerpunkt
- Aktuelle Vorträge
- Lehre im SoSe 18
- Professorinnen und Professoren
- Mitarbeiterinnen und Mitarbeiter
- How to find us
Dr. Alejandro Soto
I am a postdoctoral researcher in mathematics at the Goethe Universität, in Frankfurt am Main.
The topics which I am mainly interested in are algebraic geometry, arithmetic geometry, tropical geometry and non-Archimedean geometry.
These broad subjects are not independent from each other and there are, actually, very beautiful connections among them. I found the interaction between those areas fascinating.
- Preprint. (With T. Foster, J. Rabinoff and F. Shokrieh) Non-Archimedean and tropical theta functions.
- Preprint. Nagata's compactification theorem for normal toric varieties over a valuation ring of rank one. (Accepted by the Michigan Mathematical Journal)
- (With Walter Gubler) Classification of Normal Toric Varieties over a Valuation Ring of Rank One. Documenta Math. 20 (2015) 171--198.
- (PhD Thesis) Combinatorial description of toric schemes over valuation rings of rank one. Universität Tübingen.
- Lecture Non-archimedean geometry.
- Exercises groups for Funktionentheorie und gewöhnliche DGL (Prof. Dr. Annette Werner)
L3 Seminar (Prof. Dr. Annette Werner)
In the past
Seminars at the KU Leuven 2014-2015
• Seminar on reductive group schemes (with Alberto Bellardini and Arne Smeets) . The program can be found here.
• Seminar on Faithful tropicalizations (with Marta Panizzut and Elisa Postinghel). The program can be found here.
• Seminar on Mumford's construction. (with Alberto Bellarini). The program can be found here.
Information concerning my education can be found here.
Besides mathematics, I enjoy very much taking pictures. If you are curious, just visit my flickr webpage.