Prof. Dr. Esther Rinke
Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main
Institut für Romanische Sprachen und Literaturen
D-60629 Frankfurt am Main
Room: IG 6.215
DEUTSCHE VERSION dieser Website
The grammar of Romance languages, diachronic linguistics, language contact and multilingualism, syntactic variation, language acquisition.
Positions and functions:
- Full professor for Ibero-Romance linguistics (Spanish and Portuguese)
- Deputy member of the faculty council of Faculty 10
- Eligibility to examine: BA "Romanistik"
- Eligibility to examine: MA "Romanistische Linguistik"
- Eligibility to examine: "Lehramtsstudiengang Spanisch (L3)"
Nominee in 2013 for the "1822 University prize for excellent teaching"
- "Multilingualism as reason and consequence of language change: the historical syntax of Romance languages" (2009-2011; project funded by the German Research Foundation)
- "Synchronic and diachronic analyses of Italian and Portuguese relative clauses" (2012-2014; project funded by the German Research Foundation)
- "Clitic doubling in Romance languages" (2014-2016; project funded by the German Research Foundation)
- "Portuguese as heritage language and language change" (2014-2015; project funded by the Portuguese government)
- "The relative clause cycle: towards an explanation of the variation in Italian and Portuguese relative clauses" (as part of the Research Group "Relative clauses", 2014-2017; project funded by the German Research Foundation)