Asli Ergün is a PhD candidate at Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main. She majored in English Studies, Philosophy and Education at Goethe University and holds a state examination for teachers. Her PhD thesis “Discovering Europe’s Convivial and Transcultural Ordinary in a Multipolar World” (working title) examines social imaginaries from the British and European context that turn away from migratory exceptionalism and appreciate alternative forms of the ordinary. The project is supervised by Prof. Dr. Frank Schulze-Engler.
Functions and Activities
- Treasurer of GAPS
- "Disrupting Divisions and Transgressing Boundaries in Gautam Malkani’s Londonstani.” 19th Triennial Conference of the Association for Commonwealth Literature and Language Studies (ACLALS), Toronto Metropolitan University, Canada (online), 15.07.2022.
- "The Italian Restaurant Around the Corner: Convivial Encounters and New Solidarities in Nikita Lalwani’s You People.” 35thAnnual Conference of the Association for Anglophone Postcolonial Studies (GAPS), Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany, 27.05.2022.
- EACLALS (European Association for Commonwealth Literature and Language Studies)
- GAPS (Association for Anglophone Postcolonial Studies)
- The Frankfurt Humanities Research Centre (Forschungszentrum Historische Geisteswissenschaften)