Core Curriculum of Drug Research, Development and Safety
Core Curriculum on Drug Rresearch, Development and Safety
The Core Curriculum on Drug Research Development and Safety (shortened to Core Curriculum) covers the value chain of drug development from the earliest stages via patent law, clincal studies to the marketing of the drug. The aim is to give an overview of the entire process, and is in particularly but not exclusively intended for those who wish to have a career in the pharmaceutical industry.
The follwing modules are covered:
- Basics in drug development and production
- Genomics, proteomics, pharmcogenomics in target identification
- Lead identification and optimisation
- Patent law
- Project management
- GLP, GMP and quality control
- Pharmacodynamics and -kinetics
- Preclinical pharmacology and toxicology; animal models
- Basics in clinical trials
- Regulatory affairs
- Business plan, marketing and international trends in drug market
If 10 out of 12 modules are attended, a certificate can be issued.