Prof. Dr. Esther Rinke
Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main
Institut für Romanische Sprachen und Literaturen
D-60629 Frankfurt am Main
Room: IG 6.215
DEUTSCHE VERSION dieser Website
Grammar of Romance languages, diachronic linguistics, language contact and multilingualism, syntactic variation, language acquisition.
- Academic career
- Spokesperson of the Research Training Group "Nominal modification"
- Coordinator of the Double Degree Master on German-Portuguese Studies
Positions and functions:
- Full professor for Ibero-Romance linguistics (Spanish and Portuguese)
- Deputy member of the faculty council of Faculty 10
- Eligibility to examine: BA "Romanistik"
- Eligibility to examine: MA "Romanistische Linguistik"; MA Deutsch-Portugiesische Studien/Estudos luso-alemães (DPS)
- Eligibility to examine: "Lehramtsstudiengang Spanisch (L3)"
Nominee in 2013 for the "1822 University prize for excellent teaching"
- „Multilingualism as reason and consequence of language change: the historical syntax of Romance languages, funded by the German Science Foundation (DFG), (2009-2011)
- "Synchronic and diachronic analyses of Italian and Portuguese relative clauses", funded by the German Science Foundation (DFG), (2012-2014)
- "Clitic doubling across Romance", funded by the German Science Foundation (DFG), (2014-2016)
- “Português como Língua de Herança e mudança linguística”/"Portuguese as heritage language and language change", Fundação Para a Ciência e Tecnologia, coordinator Prof. Dr. Cristina Flores, Universidade do Minho, Braga)
- "The relative clause cycle: towards an explanation of the variation in Italian and Portuguese relative clauses" (as part of the Research Group "Relative clauses", 2014-2017; project funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG))
- Research Training Group "Nominale Modifikation (funded by the German Research Foundation, DFG)