Silvia Anastasijevic, M. A.
Silvia Anastasijevic is a PhD candidate at Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main. She studied English and American Studies at Goethe University and graduated with a Magistra Artium degree in November 2014. In her PhD thesis, she examines “Multidirectional Laughter: Transcultural Humorscapes in Anglophone Literature, Film, Digital Media and Performance Art” (working title). Her supervisors are Prof. Dr. Frank Schulze-Engler and Prof. Dr. Astrid Erll.
- Anglophone Literatures and Cultures
- Postcolonial and Transcultural Studies
- Humor Studies
- Indigenous Literatures and Cultures
- (Trans-) Media Studies
- Gender Studies
- “Inside/Outside the Joke? Humor Across and Between Cultures.” Collisions of Cultures: Frictions and Re-Shapings. Hrsg. von Tope, Lily Rose; Wolfgang Zach. Quezon City: University of the Philippines Press. (forthcoming)
- Anastasijevic, Silvia; Magdalena Pfalzgraf; Hanna Teichler. “Moving Centers & Traveling Cultures: Readings in Contemporary Anglophone Literatures.” Moving Centers & Traveling Cultures. Special Issue of Kairos. A Journal of Critical Symposium 4.1. (2019). 1-8.
- Moving Centers & Traveling Cultures. Special Issue of Kairos. A Journal of Critical Symposium 4.1. (2019). Hrsg. von Anastasijevic, Silvia; Magdalena Pfalzgraf; Hanna Teichler.
- “Transcultural Humor.” Keywords in Transcultural English Studies. Department of English and American Studies, Goethe University Frankfurt, December 2019.
- Narratives of Ethnic and National Identity, Proseminar at Goethe-University Frankfurt, Winter 2021/22.
- Revisions, Intertextuality, Adaptations: The Art of Rewriting, Proseminar at Goethe-University Frankfurt, Summer 2021.
- Fictions of Empire, Proseminar at Goethe-University Frankfurt, Winter 2020/21.
- Are You Joking? Anglophone Stand-Up Comedy from the 19th to the 21st Century, Proseminar at Goethe-University Frankfurt, Summer 2020.
- Seriously funny? Transcultural Humor in the English-Speaking World, Proseminar at Goethe-University Frankfurt, Winter 2019/20.
Functions and Activities
- Treasurer of GAPS (Association for Anglophone Postcolonial Studies)
- Co-Chair of the GRADE Intitative “Transcultural Narratives”
- Co-Chair of the Postgraduate Forum “Postcolonial Narrations 2018”
- Co-Organizer of the international symposium “Entanglements: Envisioning World Literature from the Global South“ at the Department for New Anglophone Literatures and Cultures at Goethe University (January 2016)
- Former Treasurer of the Calliopean Society e. V.
- “Transcultural Encounters: Remembering the Colonial Past through Comedy.” 5th Annual Memory Studies Association (MSA), University of Warsaw, Poland (Online), 07.07.2021.
- “Transcultural Comedy and the Migrant Experience.” 17th Triennial Conference of the European Association for Commonwealth Literature and Language Studies (EACLALS), Cardiff University, United Kingdom (Online), 29.06.2021.
- “Toward a Theory of Transcultural Humor.” 29th Annual Conference of the International Society for Humor Studies (ISHS), Université du Quebec à Montréal, Canada, 11.07.2017
- “Transcultural Humor and the City: Cross-cultural Encounters in Urban Spaces.” 16th Triennial Conference of the EACLALS, University of Oviedo, Spain, 03.04.2017
- “Inside/Outside the Joke: Forms of Exclusion and Inclusion in Transcultural Humor.” 17th Triennal Conference of the Association for Commonwealth Literature and Language Studies (ACLALS), Stellenbosch University, South Africa, 12.07.2016
- “Transcultural Narratives in Anglophone Humor: The Case of Stand-Up Comedy.” 28th Annual Conference of the ISHS, Dublin, Ireland, 30.06.2016
- “Transcultural Humorscapes in Anglophone Literature, Culture and Media: Humorous Representation and Communication in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United States of America.” 27th Annual Conference of the Association for Anglophone Postcolonial Studies (GAPS), Augsburg, Germany, 06.05.2016
- SciMento (Mentee of the mentoring program for female scientists in Hesse, Germany)
- GRADE (Goethe Graduate Academy) and the working group “Transcultural Narratives” at GRADE
- Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) travel grant to the Université du Quebec à Montréal in Canada, July 2017
- Vereinigung von Freunden und Förderern der Goethe-Universität travel grant to the University of Oviedo in Spain, April 2017
- Department of New Anglophone Literatures and Cultures (NELK) travel grant to Stellenbosch University in South Africa, July 2016