ISIpedia – the open Inter-Sectoral Impacts Encyclopedia
The whole project will be co-developed by scientists and stakeholders, in particular to address the needs of the end users for content and usability. Users of ISIpedia will have access to relevant input data sets, to cross-sectoral and sectoral assessments of climate change impacts, and to the uncertainty information of previous ISIMIP phases. ISIpedia will act as a hub to inform a broad range of public and private users, such as scientists, regional and national climate-adaptation-policy experts, implementation experts, decision makers, regional climate experts, students, and others. More information can be found on the project webpage.Our contribution
The main goal is to assess the freshwater-related climate change impacts considering uncertainty and limitations of the modeling approaches. At Goethe University, the sub-project is led by Dr. Hannes Müller Schmied, who coordinates jointly with Dr. Simon Gosling (University of Nottingham) the global water modeling sector within ISIMIP.
In particular, the sub-project activities are:
- Contributing to the selection of focus topic for ISIMIP3 phase,
- Contributing to the sector-specific design of the ISIMIP3 simulation protocol and to the relevant input data sets (ensuring cross-sectoral consistency),
- Coordinating the ISIpedia core – the ISIMIP3 simulation phase,
- Assessing the quality of the contributing models (e.g. by using results of the ISIMIP2a phase) to inform the end users about regional uncertainty measures (model-performance indicators),
- Contributing to two cross-sectoral workshops and regional workshops for modellers and stakeholders,
- Contributing to the development of the freshwater-related climate impact emulators (one example of an emulator: http://emulator.rdcep.org/) to enable end users to gather information about possible mitigation effects,
- Contributing to the climate impact synthesis, e.g. for articles on the ISIpedia platform,
- Leading two international scientific publications (sector-specific and cross-sectoral).
Dr. Camelia Eliza Telteu
Dr. Hannes Müller Schmied (principal investigator)
September 2017 – September 2020
German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) in the framework of European Research Area for Climate Services ERA4CS
Telteu, C. E. & Müller Schmied, H. (2017): Ideas for joint effort to describe the ISIMIP2b global water models by common diagram / documentation style. ISIMIP Workshop 9-10 October 2017, Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, Potsdam, Germany.