Plasmid and Strains
Plasmids and strains for use in C. elegans Optogenetics:
all exisiting in various expression plasmids for C. elegans, with different fluorescent proteins, and using different promoters (details available upon request). Several tools are also available from Addgene
- ChR2 WT: wild-type Channelrhodopsin
- ChR2(H134R): "stabilized"; "g.o.f." ChR2
- ChR2(H134R, T159C): improved conductance and expression
- ChR2(C128S): "slow" ChR2 (aka as "step-function opsin")
- C1V1-ET/ET: red-shifted action spectrum
- ChR2(L132C): Ca2+ transporting ChR (aka as "CatCh")
- Quint: Quintuple mutant, longest open state life time of any ChR reported
Halorhodopsin and other Hyperpolarizers:
- NpHR: Halorhodopsin from Natronomonas pharaonis
- Mac: Proton pump from Leptosphaeria maculans
- Arch: archaerhodopsin-3, proton pump from Halorubrum sodomense
- Anion Channelrhodopsins ACR1, ACR2, ZipACR
Photoactivated adenyly and guanylyl cyclases (PACs, PGCs)
- PAC from Euglena gracilis
- bPAC from Beggioatoa sp.
- CyclOp Guanylyl Cyclase opsin from Blastocladiella emersonii
Photosensitive Degron (PSD)
Photoactivated Botulinum Neurotoxin (paBoNT)
Vectors for single-cell expression using intersecting promoters
- cre recombinase
- loxP-STOP-LacZ-loxP::ChR2-SL2-GFP operon
- FLP recombinase
- zxIs3[punc-47::ChR2(H134R)::YFP; lin-15+]I: GABAergic neurons
- zxIs5[punc-17::ChR2(H134R)::YFP; lin-15+]X: cholinergic neurons
- zxIs6[punc-17::ChR2(H134R)::YFP; lin-15+]V: cholinergic neurons
- zxIs12[pF49H12.4::ChR2::mCherry; pF49H12.4::GFP]: PVD, AQR, tail neuron
A Matlab script based on the "Parallel Worm Tracker" by Ramot et al. (2008, PLoS ONE 3: e2208), that incorporates the use of a light source and a shutter, to allow photostimulation of transgenic neurons in freely behaving animals. Modified /written by Wagner Steuer Costa (steuercosta(at)em.uni-frankfurt.de).
The software is free to use, but please acknowledge this accordingly upon publication.
Download (.rar Archive, includes file "120206 WSC OptoTracker Info" with instructions for installation and use).