The Frankfurt based Aventis Foundation has founded a research award for postdoctoral researchers in the field of life sciences, to help them successfully establish themselves in their academic field, pursue innovative approaches and boost their chances of gaining full professorship. For the 2019 awards, the Foundation has partnered with the Goethe University Frankfurt. Accordingly, researchers employed by the Goethe University Frankfurt will be eligible to aply for the award this year.
- Postdoctoral Award granted by the Aventis Foundation to support young and talented researchers in life sciences
- Aims at providing a bridge to a successful career in life sciences
- Promotes independent research and the pursuit of innovative and unconventional ideas
- Endowed with € 100,000 each, to be spent for the respective research projects
- 10% of the subsidy amount can be used for personal expenses
The selection criteria include the
- personal qualification and potential
- level of innovation and scientific quality of projects
- Value added to the applicant's personal academic development
Applications are open now until 31 May 2019. The award ceremony will be held on 12 September on the occasion of the Post-Doc Day here at our university. For detailed information on the application requirements and selection criteria please head to bridge.aventis-foundation.org.