The International Conference on: “Financialisation of financial and real estate markets“ will be held at Goethe University in Frankfurt/Main (Germany), on the 19th and 20th of March 2015.
Up till now, discussions concerning financialisation in finance and real estate have mainly focused on analysing the deregulation and globalisation of financial markets, the transition from a bank-based to a market-oriented financial system, the emergence and influence of new financial actors and financial products as well as changes in the management of corporations and production systems. The aim of the conference is to address questions which have been subject to less examination up to now, like:
- How does the integration of financial and real estate markets work?
- How can different actors become involved in opening-up possible markets?
- How important are norms, standards and calculative practices in the process of making markets visible and global?
- What are the territorialising practices which go along with the establishment of new investment markets and asset classes?
- What are the effects of these developments on land and property in specific and societies in general?
It is the specific goal of the conference to discuss structural reorientations, practices and mechanisms involved in real estate and financial markets. In addition, we will critically examine the input of theoretical concepts from different strands of cultural and political economy for the explanation of these developments.
Registration (until 1st of March 2015)
30 Euro / 10 Euro for students (accommodation is not included)
Call for Papers
For further information contact
Site map and contact