Conference Convex and Integral Geometry
Convex and Integral Geometry 2017
Goethe University Frankfurt, September 25 - 29, 2017
The conference "Convex and Integral Geometry" will take place at the Goethe University Frankfurt from September 25 - 29, 2017.
List of main speakers
- Semyon Alesker (Tel Aviv University): Theory of valuations and Monge-Ampere operators
- Bo Berndtsson (Göteborgs Universitet): Symmetrization of plurisubharmonic and convex functions
- Andrea Colesanti (Università degli Studi di Firenze): Hessian valuations
- Dmitry Faifman (University of Toronto): Symplectic valuation theory and contact manifolds
- Joseph Fu (University of Georgia, Athens): Riemannian curvature measures
- Daniel Hug (KIT Karlsruhe): Integral geometry of tensorial curvature measures and applications
- Monika Ludwig (TU Vienna): Affine Valuations on Function Spaces
- Emanuel Milman (Technion Haifa): Local $L^p$-Brunn--Minkowski inequalities for $p < 1$
- Matthias Reitzner (University of Osnabrück): Monotonicity of Random Polytopes
- Franz Schuster (TU Vienna): Affine vs. Euclidean isoperimetric inequalities
- Gil Solanes (UA Barcelona): Integral geometry of isotropic spaces
- Alina Stancu (Concordia University Montreal): The L_p problem revisited
- Elisabeth Werner (Case Western Reserve University): Everything floating
- Artem Zvavich (Kent State University): The convexification effect of Minkowski summation
- Andreas Bernig (Goethe University Frankfurt)
- Thomas Wannerer (Schiller University Jena)
The email address of the conference is
Please register until August 31 by email. There is no registration fee.
The conference takes place in Auditorium H IV, Goethe-University Frankfurt, Jügelhaus, Mertonstrasse 17-21, 60325 Frankfurt.
With public transportation: Station: "Bockenheimer Warte" U-Bahn (underground lines): U4, U6, U7 Tram: 16, Bus: 32, 36, 50
From Central Station: Take U-Bahn U4, direction "Bockenheimer Warte", and get off at the final station "Bockenheimer Warte". Take the exit "Senckenbergmuseum" (the one to your left if you leave the train). Turn right. Then go straight ahead until the end of the "Mertonstrasse ". You will find auditorium H IV in the building to your left. You should buy a "Kurzstrecken-Ticket" for 1,80 EURO at vending machines which you can find in all underground stations.
More information, including a list of hotels in Frankfurt, and the program, will follow.