Coaching sessions at The Writing Centre (Room IG 3.256)
This is a service, not a course.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we will conduct all Writing Center sessions via Zoom until further notice. Please read the following instructions carefully. If your sign-up email is incomplete or late, we will not send you a Zoom link for your session and we will not respond to your email.
- Sign up for a timeslot via Doodle. Due to the limited number of slots, there is a one slot per student per day limit. If you do not need your appointment anymore, please sign out of the Doodle.
- Send the text(s) you would like to discuss to firstname.lastname@example.org later than 22:00 the day before your session. Please include your name and the date & time of your session in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Join your Zoom meeting! We will send you a Zoom invitation scheduled for your time slot.
- If you cannot make it to your Zoom session for whatever reason, please let us know as soon as possible.
Please note that we cannot proofread texts for you.
Stay safe and healthy!
Writing Centre Hours SoSe 2021 (starting May 10th):
The Writing Centre helps students of English or American Studies develop their academic writing skills in English through one-on-one coaching sessions. Students have the chance to optimize essays, response papers and term papers. We can help you with:
- Organizing ideas
- Developing a thesis statement
- Testing a thesis statement
- Structuring a text
- Reviewing a draft
- Improving clarity and language