Born 1974 at Leipzig (Germany).
- 1993-1995: University of Leipzig (Germany), Vordiplom
- 1995-1997: University of Rennes (France), Licence and DEA
- 1997-1998: University of Dortmund (Germany), Diploma thesis Constructions for the theorem of Bröcker-Scheiderer
- 1998-2000: University of Münster (Germany), PhD-thesis: Skalare Krümmung singulärer Räume
- 2000-2001: University of Münster (Germany), with Prof. L. Bröcker
- 2001-2003: University of Zürich (Switzerland), with Prof. V. Schroeder
- 2003-2004: University of Freiburg (Germany), with Prof. V. Bangert
- 2004-2007: University of Fribourg (Switzerland), with Prof. R. Kellerhals
- 2005: Habilitation at the University of Fribourg: Legendrian currents, support functions and tensor-valued measures on singular spaces
- 2007-2009: SNFS-Professorship at the University of Fribourg, Project Invariants of singular spaces
- October 2009-present: Professor (W3) for Differential Geometry at the Goethe-University Frankfurt am Main
- 2013: Declined offer for a professorship in Differential Geometry/Global Analysis from the University of Vienna.
- 2017-2019: Dean of the Faculty Computer Science and Mathematics
Prizes and scholarships
- 1991 and 1992: First prize at the German mathematical olympiad.
- 1993-1998: Scholarship of the Studienstiftung des Deutschen Volkes
- 1996-1997: Scholarship of the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD)
- 2001-2004: Scholarship of the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG)