Department of Adult and Further Education
The research and teaching of our department focuses on questions of learning, knowledge, and competencies at different life course stages of adults. Whereas we also investigate practice within pedagogical institutions, we are particularly interested in settings beyond these formalized contexts. We pursue these questions and phenomena at the level of theories, discourses and empirical research.
Current areas of focus
- Learning during transitions of the life course
- Learning in the context of work
- Learning at the university
- Adult learning in the context of migration and diversity
- Institutional opportunity spaces as a framework for adult learning
- Theoretical concepts for the analysis of lifelong learning
We are located in the PEG-Building on Goethe University's Westend campus, Theodor-W.-Adorno-Platz 6, Frankfurt am Main.